Please check with your leasing office first to determine if pets are allowed in your apartment community.
Residents who want to keep pets, must agree to abide by the following rules:
Applegate Property Management requires all tenants wishing to bring pets into the community to read, understand and abide by the rules outlined in this Pet Policy.
These policies take into account the needs of management, pet owning tenants and non-pet owning tenants, as well as the needs of the pets themselves. The intent of this policy is to create a harmonious co-existence in all our community living situations by fostering an attitude of respect, cooperation and consideration.
No other animal (including any offspring) shall reside on the premises at any time without prior written consent of Applegate Property Management. This agreement is not transferable and pertains only to the described pet.
The following rules and guidelines are enforceable by Management. You agree to pay for any damages caused by your pet while in residence and abide by the following rules. You further agree that if you receive a warning, you must find a new home for your pet. You also agree that if you do not remove your pet, you will be evicted and forfeit your entire pet deposit and apartment security deposit.
The Resident(s) agrees to abide by the following rules:
1. Permission to keep a pet is granted at Management’s sole discretion based, in part, on an interview with Management, and Management’s willingness to agree to this Pet Policy and sign a Pet Agreement as an addendum to their lease.
2. Nuisance: The pet may not cause any damage to the premises or to the grounds or premises of the Mangement. Nor may the pet cause any discomfort, annoyance, or nuisance to any other resident.
3. Sanitation: All dogs and cats must be housebroken. The pet may not be fed, given water, or allowed to urinate or defecate on any unprotected carpet. Resident(s) shall immediately remove and properly dispose of all pet waste on the grounds. Tenants are responsible for keeping all areas where pets are housed clean, safe, and free of parasites, including fleas.
4. Prohibited Areas: The pet is not allowed in any common areas, including, but not limited to any hallways or laundry rooms except for the purpose of entering or leaving the building.
5. Abandonment: Resident(s) may not abandon the pet, leave it for any extended period of time without food or water, or fail to care for pet if it is sick. No pet is to be left unattended in a tenant’s apartment for a period longer than that which is appropriate in light of the needs of the pet. In general, dogs should not be left unattended for more than 9 hours, and other pets for more than 24 hours.
6. Compliance with Laws: Resident(s) agrees to comply with all applicable governmental laws and regulations including licensing and vaccination.
7. Types of Pets: Only the types of pets approved for the Resident’s property are permitted to be kept. The following rules apply to specific types of pets:
1. Cats over 6 months must be spayed or neutered.
2. Resident(s) must provide and maintain an appropriate litter box. Cat Managements must place soiled cat litter in a tied, plastic bag and dispose of it in the garbage facilities.
1. When outside of the apartment, dogs must be leashed at all times and never be left unattended. Dogs must be under the control of their Management at all times.
2. All dogs are required to have proper license and be current on their rabies vaccine.
3. All pet droppings must be cleaned up and disposed of IMMEDIATELY!
4. No vicious breeds or aggressive-behavior dogs including, but not limited to Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, Akitas, German Shepards, Boxers, Giant and Standard Schnauzers, Airedale Terriers, Bouvier des Flandres, Briards.
c. Birds: Birds must remain in cages at all times.
d. Fish: Fish tanks may not exceed 30 gallons and must be placed in a safe location in your apartment.
8. Additional Rules: Management may, from time to time, upon written notice to the Resident(s) make reasonable changes or additions to the Pet Rules set forth above.
1. Removal of Pet by Resident(s): If, in Management’s sole judgment, any rules or provisions of the Pet Agreement are in violation by the Resident(s) or their guest(s), Resident(s) shall immediately remove the pet from the Premises upon written notice from Management.
2. Removal of Pet by Management: If, in Management’s sole judgment, Resident(s) have abandoned the pet, left pet for any extended period of time without food or water, failed to care for pet if pet becomes sick, or left pet unattended in violation of the rules herein, then Management may, upon one day’s prior written notice left in a conspicuous place, and in accordance with the terms of the Lease dealing with entry of the Premises, enter the dwelling unit to remove the pet, and turn the pet over to the Humane Society or Local Authority. Management shall not be liable for loss, harm, sickness, or death of pet unless due to Management’s negligence. Management has no lien on the pet for any purpose, but Resident(s) shall pay for reasonable care and kenneling charges as well as the cost of removal if the pet is removed in accordance with this paragraph.
3. Cleaning and Repairs: Resident(s) shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire amount of all damages caused by the pet. If any item cannot be satisfactorily cleaned or repaired to Management’s satisfaction, Resident(s) must pay for the complete replacement of such item.
4. Injuries: Resident(s) shall be strictly liable for the entire amount of any injury to any person or property caused by the pet, and shall indemnify Management for all costs of litigation and attorney’s fees resulting from the same.
5. Move-out: After the Resident(s) vacate the premises, they shall reimburse Management for the costs of de-fleaing, cleaning, replacing, deodorizing, or shampooing as determined by Management to be necessary, if this is Management’s sole discretion.
6. Other Remedies: This Pet Agreement is an Addendum to the Lease between Management and Resident(s). If any rule of this Pet Agreement is violated, Management shall, in addition to the foregoing, have all rights and remedies set forth in the Lease for violations thereof, including, but not limited to eviction, damages, and attorney’s fees.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.